It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:25 am

OBCT sets a simple Thursday evening ablaze!!! 
Obese One

Post OBCT sets a simple Thursday evening ablaze!!!

Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:07 pm
Pickle Tickler

Post Re: OBCT sets a simple Thursday evening ablaze!!!
Now to copy and paste one of the more humorous write ups for a show I have ever slapped together :bonkers:
Saint Paul, MN
201 East 4th Street

Home of the ever frustrating ceiling support beam (I call him "Bobo") and towering speaker stacks that can loosen your fillings. Guinness is on tap. (mmmmm good) Oh, and they have a really snazzy popcorn machine. Woo-Hoo!

DIRECTIONS:
(For those too lazy to type it in themselves)

CLICK ME DAMN IT

DATE AND TIME:
March 26th 9PM
Since it is a Thursday night and you lack any form of willpower you'll most likely be hung-over at work and your boss will sound a little like the adults in the Peanuts cartoons for the following day. Oh darn.

BRING YOUR PAPERS: ID SHOW = 21+
None of you 16 year old mixed drink Bacardi booze hounds allowed inside. Sorry.
You hurt our feelings last time and we just can't open ourselves up to that kind of pain again. You are, however, allowed to stand outside in the bitter cold and live vicariously through the brave tobacco fiends who were lucky enough to be born a few months before you, run out between sets for a quick fix and keep shaking their heads in disbelief going "wow. WOW. Those guys are F(*)CKING awesome"

ECONOMIC STIMULUS:
Five piddily bucks gets you in to see three live bands. None of those guys bobbing their heads behind a laptop screen. No corpses stapled to the floorboards playing stagnant covers.
Live honest to god creative engines churning out sounds with power to effectively reduce all thought of work, bills, and hated ex-lovers to a deliciously garbled slurry.

NOISE MAKERS:
Autonomy
http://www.autonomyrocks.com/
Kind of like a a darkish proto Soundgardeny salad with a way better drummer and therefore much cooler songs topped with Minnesota's favorite ranch dressing.

OBCT
http://www.obctonline.com/
If you have to ask, we sound like your grandmother. No, seriously, we totally do. Just like her. It is uncanny.

P.S. Your gran-gran is an utter hellion.

Over Matter
http://www.myspace.com/overmatter
(Careful, sucker's set on autoplay)
Prog. Very much so. Someone has the complete Rush catalog and far too many Yes records in beat up cardboard jackets.

YOU DRIVE ME CRAZY:
Mini ramp or street parking is available
to the intrepid, busses run till four for the hardcore, and if you are in a wheelchair well, then you can park wherever the hell you damn well please because your rims are the shit.

That about wraps things up on the info front. If you want to know who's going to be there or where the after party is or how you can get yourself a bad-ass t-shirt proclaiming your love for our particular brand of bodaciously groovetastic bacon flavored doom rock you'll just have to find that out for your own damn self because right now I am going to go eat a bowl of delicious maple nut ice cream and you aren't.
-d.b-

btw.... geoff that picture? effing HUGE. wow.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:03 pm